Universal Data Access Capabilities
Informatica PowerCenter provides access to more enterprise data types from a single platform than any other technology on the market. Complemented by Informatica PowerExchange and the suite of PowerCenter Options, PowerCenter lets you access to virtually any and all enterprise datatypes, including:
- Structured, unstructured, and semi-structured data
- Relational, mainframe, file, and standards-based data
- Message queue data
PowerCenter accesses and delivers data when and how the business demands it. The platform offers the choice of real-time, batch, or change data capture (CDC) data access.
Mission-Critical, Enterprise-Wide Data Integration Capabilities
Only PowerCenter is capable of handling mission-critical, enterprise-wide data integration as a single platform. No other product manages a broader range of data integration initiatives. PowerCenter also provides robust yet easy-to-use Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) capabilities to simplify the development and deployment of smaller departmental data marts and data warehouses and facilitate reuse from one project to another.
PowerCenter and the suite of PowerCenter Options meet enterprise demands for security, performance, scalability,
collaboration, and governance through such powerful capabilities as:
- High availability/failover/seamless recovery
- Grid computing support
- Pushdown optimization
- Dynamic partitioning
- Metadata management
- Team based development
- Data masking
PowerCenter offers unique capabilities to help IT organizations address exponential growth in data volumes and the need for real-time integration of data across systems. The platform is designed to respond to the mission-critical needs of an Integration Competency Center, and serves as the ideal foundation for complex, enterprise-wide data integration initiatives .
Global IT Team Productivity Features
PowerCenter enables global development teams, as well as cross-functional IT and business analyst teams, to work together more efficiently and effectively. The platform enhances collaboration between IT and the business to successfully execute and manage governance, risk, and compliance initiatives and to increase operational efficiency.
PowerCenter offers a range of features specifically designed with individual developers, quality assurance professionals, production administrators, and global IT teams in mind. These features include:
- A flexible, metadata-driven architecture that
standardizes and reuses definitions across platforms and projects,
eliminating the need for recoding
- A set of robust visual tools to manage development and
administration and powerful productivity tools to
facilitate collaboration between architects, analysts, and developers
- Team-based development capabilities that automate and control deployments across environments, locations, and teams to accelerate development, simplify administration, and reduce ongoing maintenance costs
- Metadata Manager, which consolidates metadata into a single integration catalog to increase insight into complex data relationships and engender trust in the data that drives business decisions